Forecast for €2 million project to strengthen non-state actors’ capacity to promote national reform and increase accountability in Southern Neighbourhood
The European Commission has published a forecast for a €2 million contract for a project forstrengthening non-State actors' capacities to promote national reform and increase public accountability in the Neighbourhood South countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia). The publication reference of the forecast is EuropeAid/132115/C/SER/Multi.
According to the forecast, the main objectives of the project will be the following:
- to identify and analyse non-State actors' needs and capacities to get involved in policy dialogue in each Nieghbourhood South country, as well as the way in which these actors can contribute to specific sector policy dialogues;
- based on the analysis carried out during the first stage of the project, to implement capacity-building activities (training, seminars, workshops, exchange of good practices, ad hoc support, etc.) for non-State actors, so as to enhance their capacities and their role in promoting reform and increasing public accountability in European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) areas – these activities will be tailor made per country, according to each national specificity;
- to ensure monitoring, evaluation (including providing training on evaluation tools and measuring the selected projects' progress and impact), guidance, technical support and visibility of the projects selected through the civil society facility regional call for proposals;
- to organise or coordinate the organisation of multi-stakeholder consultations at national and regional level involving non-State actors, national authorities and EU Delegations so as to facilitate civil society actors' participation in (selected) sector policy dialogues between the EU and partner countries and in implementation of relevant bilateral projects and programmes;
- to ensure the visibility of the facility itself, and more generally of EU efforts towards support to non-State actors in ENP countries, through publications on EU support to non-State actors, a website and information sessions.
The indicative budget for the contract, funded under the ENPI, is €2 million. (ENPI Info Centre)
ENPI Info Centre – Call for Proposal in support of non-state actors: the Neighbourhood Civil Society Facility and the Non-State Actors and Local Authorities Thematic Programme (04-11-11)