- PHOTO STORIES
- PRESS PACKS
EU boosts support to Criminal Justice reform in Georgia
A new programme of support to criminal justice reform in Georgia will be launched following the signature of a financing agreement yesterday in Brussels, by Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy Štefan Füle and Vice-Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Baramidze.
- carry out sound criminal justice policies and practices in line with Council of Europe standards;
- continue reforms of juvenile justice in compliance with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child;
- improve the conditions of convicted prisoners in line with European standards, particularly regarding overcrowding, living standards, healthcare and legal safeguards;
- support the Probation Service on the rehabilitation and reconciliation of probationers, and by a broader adoption of non-custodial measures;
- improve access to justice for the citizens of Georgia through a stronger Legal Aid Service and ensuring the independence of the Public Defender's Office.
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is lending a...
A new EU-funded project has been launched to help Belarus and Ukraine enhance...
It is extremely important that concrete steps agreed in Geneva to de-escalate...
Research conducted in 2006 showed around 600 to 700 adolescents in Azerbaijan...
When disaster strikes, it is usually too late to prepare for it and the only...
Supporting areas facilitating economic growth in Armenia at the focus of EU...
EU Neighbourhood Info Centre flash report, highlighting activities over the...
An infographic on the new European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI), which came...
The EU Neigbourhood Policy (ENP) Map is produced by the EU External Action...