- PHOTO STORIES
- PRESS PACKS
EU boosts support to Criminal Justice reform in Georgia
A new programme of support to criminal justice reform in Georgia will be launched following the signature of a financing agreement yesterday in Brussels, by Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy Štefan Füle and Vice-Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Baramidze.
- carry out sound criminal justice policies and practices in line with Council of Europe standards;
- continue reforms of juvenile justice in compliance with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child;
- improve the conditions of convicted prisoners in line with European standards, particularly regarding overcrowding, living standards, healthcare and legal safeguards;
- support the Probation Service on the rehabilitation and reconciliation of probationers, and by a broader adoption of non-custodial measures;
- improve access to justice for the citizens of Georgia through a stronger Legal Aid Service and ensuring the independence of the Public Defender's Office.
The INOGATE energy programme is conducting a workshop on the financing of...
The EU will soon be importing wine from Moldova duty free, thanks to a...
The struggle for human rights continues throughout the world, including in the...
Honey is one of the few Moldovan products that is steadily increasing its share...
It’s a high-speed container block train, which will allow cargo...
What does it mean for a company to invest in advisory services? The Baku-based...
A new publication "EU cooperation for a successful Eastern...
What is the Eastern Partnership about, what are the key milestones and figures,...
Did you know that budget support is the main form of EU assistance in the...