- PHOTO STORIES
- PRESS PACKS
EU boosts support to Criminal Justice reform in Georgia
A new programme of support to criminal justice reform in Georgia will be launched following the signature of a financing agreement yesterday in Brussels, by Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy Štefan Füle and Vice-Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Baramidze.
- carry out sound criminal justice policies and practices in line with Council of Europe standards;
- continue reforms of juvenile justice in compliance with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child;
- improve the conditions of convicted prisoners in line with European standards, particularly regarding overcrowding, living standards, healthcare and legal safeguards;
- support the Probation Service on the rehabilitation and reconciliation of probationers, and by a broader adoption of non-custodial measures;
- improve access to justice for the citizens of Georgia through a stronger Legal Aid Service and ensuring the independence of the Public Defender's Office.
Ahead of the Ukrainian Presidential election due to take place 25 May 2014,...
The Media Neighbourhood project, led by BBC Media Action, has launched a call...
Tenders, grants and jobs from the European Neighbourhood: have you...
Supporting areas facilitating economic growth in Armenia at the focus of EU...
Growing more healthy crops sounds simple enough, but for several displaced...
EU supporting Moldova to pursue reform and modernization efforts in the years...
The Neighbourhood Investment Facility (NIF) is financial mechanism aimed at...
A brochure highlighting the key priorities of regional cooperation in the...
A new publication "EU cooperation for a successful Eastern...